The BERRI has a high level of satisfaction amongst service managers, care staff, social workers, commissioners and Ofsted.
- "I've been doing this for 15 years and not seen anything like this before. It's so exciting, I can see so many ways it can help us utilise our time better" - Commissioner, Haringey
- BERRI "sets a new gold standard for our members" - CEO of the Independent Children's Homes Association 2018
- "The missing link in the residential care sector" - Sir Martin Narey, government advisor who reviewed residential care in the UK.
- "I now include the BERRI as standard in all of my psychological assessments - it clearly and effectively taps into the complexity of my cases in a way which just isn't matched by any other mental health questionnaire out there - nothing else really comes close. " - Dr Liam Gilligan, Clinical Psychologist, Youth Crisis Team.
- "We have been using BERRI since 2015 and it has proven to be a highly valuable tool for overall care planning for our children and young people. The psychologically informed care planning allows us to individually tailor care plans focusing on specific areas of development for each young person. Regular formulation meetings with a highly accredited psychologist and assistant psychologist allows key people in the children’s lives to be involved in care planning and target setting. This includes the whole care team working with the child. We have found that this empowers the staff team to really feel invested and able to give input into the child’s day to day care." - After Care (NW) Ltd
- "We love it! The social workers are reporting that the act of asking the questions is opening up all sorts of discussions." - Casey Griffiths, Fostering Administrator Cornerways Fostering Services
- "As a commissioning manager in children’s social care, I developed a pilot referral form using the BERRI assessment screening tool to identify children’s needs effectively and form a package of care delivery based on identified need. The BERRI tool was significant in enabling teenage children to access foster care from residential care. By using the BERRI to identify specific need in a small pilot of 15 high tariff children, three of our children were placed into fostering services and one returned home with a supportive care package to ensure this move was successful. These children have remained successfully within their current placements and the BERRI contributed to a saving of almost half a million pounds per annum." - Matthew Utley, Commissioning Manager, Bracknell Forrest (now with the West London Alliance)
- "It is unusual to see an organisation be so clear and able to identify the issues for a child and to be able to be proactive about them. Its the swiftness at which you've identified the issues. CAMHS haven't been so quick or responsive and have never been so clear about the needs and how to work. Your pathway and use of the BERRI gives me confidence that you are meeting the needs and helping improve her outcomes and life chances. This level of insight is extraordinary, we don't even get it from the court process now. It feels like you are years ahead with your process. You set the standard for the network. You start at the beginning and not the end, identifying the needs and strategies to work on them not just vaguely trying to meet the Every Child Matters five outcomes. In short, I'm impressed." - Social Worker from Sunderland in relation to a home that had our full psychology pathway.
- "It is easy to use and gives us evidence of how what we do impacts on the child that we can show to their social worker and ofsted" -therapist
- "I only hear positives about the added value they offer and the accessibility. They reduce disruption, and carers want more. The way psychology is delivered feels empowering to social workers and carers. It doesn't take a problem away to fix, the input is collaborative and the advice concrete and practical." - Social care manager, in relation to a full package including regular psychological consultations
- "I've been fostering for 10 years and have looked after 16 children and haven't seen the like of BERRI before. I got more from your report than I've had from CAMHS in all this time. The detail and tools are fantastic. No information like that is collected anywhere else" - Foster carer
- "BERRI has been a significant tool for improvement for the Access to Resources Team, injecting realism and generating enormously positive feedback from providers and social workers" - "Commissioner, Haringey"
- "Without BERRI our children would be experiencing even more disruptions, more placements breaking down, because when we can’t understand what’s happening for them, we can’t really drill down to it, which has an impact on foster carers, who then burn out, feel deskilled, and ultimately leave fostering as a career because it’s just too hard." - IFA